Welcome!

More Than ABC is a informative, fun, creative blog dedicated to share what is going in in our classroom. Using technology, creativity, and quality materials keeps us busy! If your in my class or just a visitor, I'm glad you stopped in!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Postcards

Writing postcards is a great way to practice some letter writing skills without too much effort.

To write a post card, kids need a few sentences and an address.  Even with so much technology knowing how to write an address doesn't look like it will be going away anytime soon.

What's so great about a postcard?
  • Fast to write
  • Good address writing practice
  • Cheaper to send (twenty-nine cents)
  • Can make your own postcard and decorate it yourself! (Check postage guidelines for sizes)
I'm taking a Creativity class this summer and we're doing some art projects. These are 2 of my postcards.

(Gasp! Students who have seen me try to draw should be amazed that I'm making just a little bit of progress, it might look like something next year instead of scribbles!!!)




Posted by Picasa